課程訓練部 醫學六 高瑞鴻 製作
NTUH was first established in 1895. The building of the hospital was originally wooden. In 1921, the west building was reconstructed as Renaissance style, which was the biggest and most modern hospital in the southeastern Asia. The east building was built in 1991, and the these two buildings were connected by “Jing-Fu tunnel” finished in the following years. Now the hospital has 27 medical departments , and about 6000 employees and 2400 beds, and the number of OPD visits are more than 8000 per day.
The building of the hospital was originally wooden. In 1921, the west building was reconstructed. It was Baroque style from Renaissance era, which was biggest and most modern hospital in the southeastern Asia. The building has been well-preserved till now, and in 1998, it was listed as a historical site by the Taipei City government.
Now this building is mainly for the out-patient services of more than 8000 visits per day.
This was the new building of the hospital and opened in 1991. The building is connected with the medical school building, and now, it is mainly for the hospitalized patients.
At top of the lobby, there is a decoration of a centipede without head and tail. Because a centipede not only can live in this condition, but also is a kind of Chinese herb itself, it is a symbol of tough vitality and also a blessing for the patients here.